1. Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
2. 640K ought to be enough for anybody.
3. Microsoft looks at new ideas, they don't evaluate whether the idea will move the industry forward, they ask, 'how will it help us sell more copies of Windows?'
4. About 3 million computers get sold every year in China, but people don't pay for the software. Someday they will, though. As long as they are going to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade.
5. Well, remember, I don't own dollars. I own Microsoft stock. So it's only through multiplication that you convert what I own into some scary number.
6. Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.